Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ECHOES OF MY SONG

Echoes Of My Song
(Bomick)

It seemed just like yesterday
but t'was a couple of weeks ago,
a feeling of being lost in the wilderness...
It was dark, eerie and chaotic
and the passing time wasn't counted in days
but in seconds... it's like forever.
I didn't see it coming,
It was just right there in front of me...
with a smirk!!!
I wasn't aware at first,
It came unnoticed, unheard like on tiptoes.
Yet, the reality of hitting the brick wall... head on,
was extremely painful, confusing, traumatic
and damn right awful.
It exploded in a gigantic propulsion!

Knocking on death's door was not a joke...
the good thing was the gatekeeper
had a day off.
So, I was spared!
Although, I lost some perception,
aah, and a bit of weight, too.
A diet I won't recommend...
But then, I had to drag myself up again, I dusted myself down
and moved on...

Now, it may be a new direction,
perhaps, a new beginning, I don't know!
But what I'm sure of, some of you gave me
the strength and the will to survive
during those darkest hours...
You all know who you are!!!

The road will still be rocky,
sometimes dusty and dangerous.
But, my aim now is to finish the race.
I may sometimes slow down or
stop just to catch my breath
and I may stumble again.
But, I'll keep on going to finish
this journey...
And hey, by the way... I'll keep on running
while I'm listenin' to the echoes of my song...
riding in the wind!

BOMICK
May 30,2006


NOTE: Brod Chuck, Batchmates('83), family and friends... I thank you for the millionth time again!!!


3 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006 22:54, Blogger gerrox said...

Welcome back Bong! It's really great to be reading your compositions again. I know your strong, " hey, hey, my, my, rock n rollers shall never die"!

 
At 01 June, 2006 08:33, Blogger gsa said...

Bong:

Hello Bong:

Good to have you back. Sayang ang song writing skills na ina, basi dida kita sumikat tapos yumaman ( he he he). We never give up. When disappointed, na basketball kita.

See you soon!

 
At 01 June, 2006 16:20, Blogger jetski said...

bomick!

nice work! ipost mo sa youtube!

jet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home